Buying a new or used motorcycle is serious need thought and careful selection. A motorbike is sacred to many and just a vehicle to some. However no motorcycle buyer should be without a check list that will help him or her make a great selection.
10 musts before paying for a motorcycle:
1. Check it out and do so with a motorcyclist friend in tow. Check if the motorcycle is clean and straight down centerline and forks.
2. Take along a list of models and their pros and cons. Discuss the nuances with the friendly sales person.
3. Find out about gears, brakes, clutch, and all other mechanics.
4. Determine engine specifics and details of gas tank and wheels.
5. Ask about service and warranties.
6. Get details of accessories and other musts like helmets, rear view mirrors and so on.
7. Sit on a lot of bikes to get a feel of height and riding position.
8. Read up on bikes in discover Today’s Motorcycling. Get all the information on types of bikes, financing, bike care and more.
9. If you are new to motorcycles choose a light-weight bike rather than the coolest, sexiest bike that only pros can ride. New riders should aim for a four-cylinder of less than 600 cc or 75- cc for sports machines and 150cc for everyday use.
10. Ask about safety gear and budget for this too in the cost of the motorcycle. Use pants, helmet, gloves, and jacket meant for motorcycling.
All motorcyclists must consider safety and reliability. Get a valid motorcycling license and insurance too.